Saturday, November 8, 2008

Beef and Bean Casserole





Winter is definitely on its way. Time for some cozy comfort food. So today, I made my all-time screaming family favourite casserole. Now this is definitely not an Italian recipe, however, I am, so anything I make I consider Italian.

Thought I would share it with you all since it's easy to make. Fair warning, I remember my mom making a similar casserole when I was a kid, but I never had the recipe. So all the ingredients are from my own invention or enhancement from watching her all those years ago. But you can never go wrong if you vary the ingredients.

3 cans Heinz beans in tomato sauce
2 lbs ground beef
1 can Campbell's tomato soup
1/2 cup Ketchup or your favourite barbecue sauce (I like Cattleboys)
1 onion
2 or 3 cloves of garlic
1/4 cup soya sauce

Carmelize the onion and garlic. Add the ground beef and brown well. Add the remaining ingredients. Pour into a casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

*

*