Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Peppers in Oil




One of my favourite things is hot peppers in oil. I add this to a nice plate of pasta. My mother and my aunts always made it and gave me a jar or two for my pantry. They don't have a recipe, so I was always afraid to try it because it is preserving and there is always a risk.

To make peppers in oil, cut the peppers in small bits. Be sure to wear rubber gloves as the peppers are hot and can really heat up your fingers. Boil them in a solution of 50 percent water and 50 percent vinegar for a minute or two. Place into sterilized jars. Top it up with extra virgin olive oil right to the very top. Seal and store.

No pasta dish is complete without a light sprinkling of hot peppers on top!

1 comment:

  1. What are the other ingredients stored with the peppers in the jar?

    ReplyDelete

*

*