Favourite Banana Bread
My husband loves banana bread. So over the years, I've experimented with numerous recipes. One of the best ones I've ever found is one I've tweaked and tweaked to perfection. This is it...
1 cup butter — softened
1/2 cup vegetable oil or melted butter
3 cups brown sugar
4 large eggs
3 cups bananas — mashed ripe (I used 8 ripened bananas)
1 cup sour cream — (I used light sour cream)
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cups flour
2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
Turbinado sugar or brown sugar to sprinkle on top of batter
1. With a mixer combine butter, oil, sugars, and eggs until smooth.
2. Add mashed bananas, sour cream, and vanilla, stirring together well.
3. Mix in flour, baking soda, and salt, stirring until it is blended. Do not over mix.
4. Pour into 3 well-greased standard loaf pans to about 3/4 full.
5. Sprinkle Turbinado or brown sugar generously over top of batter, using your hand to gently pat some of it into the batter.
6. Bake at 325° F for about 1 hour or until the center of the loaf reaches 205° on an instant read thermometer.
7. Allow bread to cool in pans for about 20 minutes.